1 dead in Jefferson County home explosion
SULLIVAN, Wis. (WSAW) - Authorities believe a natural gas leak caused a fatal home explosion in Jefferson County on Tuesday.
In an interview with WDJT-TV neighbors identified the victim as a former firefighter. The explosion was reported around 2 p.m. in the town of Rome near Sullivan.
We Energies shut off gas and electricity to all homes in a 2-block radius of the site. Those who had been evacuated earlier were later allowed to return again.
The state fire marshal and Department of Criminal Investigations are investigating.
Copyright 2021 WSAW. All rights reserved.