Irish Potato Bites
Irish or not, everyone loves potatoes, so consider serving this healthy twist on a traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal.
WAUSAU, Wis. (WSAW) - If you don’t have dinner plans yet, it’s your lucky day! Try this healthy twist on a traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal with the Wisconsin Potato and Vegetable Growers Association.
- 20 small red potatoes (golf ball size)
- 1/2 cup corned beef
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 Tbsp Butter melted
- 1/8 tsp salt
- sour cream optional
- Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
- Add potatoes and boil until they are fork tender.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Once potatoes are cooked and have cooled, cut each one in half and cut a small slice off of the rounded end so the potato sits flat.
- Scoop out the inside of each potato half saving the potato insides in a bowl.
- Add cheese, corned beef, and butter to the bowl with the potato insides.
- Salt mixture to taste. Also sprinkle some salt over the potato halves.
- Scoop mixture into potato halves and then place them on a baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Copyright 2021 WSAW. All rights reserved.